Every student participating in athletics must have a completed Athletic Physical prior to participation. That physical consists of two parts:
- The PIAA CIPPE Section 6 Form must be completed by a doctor ( Section 6- PIAA – CIPPE ) ON or AFTER June 1st of each school year. A doctor may also “certify” a previous physical but the certification date must also be on or after June 1st. Completed forms can be turned in to the Athletic Office, Athletic Coach, Athletic Trainer or emailed to email@example.com .
- In addition to turning in Section 6, Students/Parents must complete the online form for each child participating in sports: Online Physical Form
When going to any of these facilities, please take a printed copy of the PIAA CIPPE Section 6 to be completed by the doctor ( Section 6- PIAA – CIPPE ) and remember that physicals must be performed (or certified by a doctor) ON or AFTER June 1st. Completed forms can be turned in to the Athletic Office, Athletic Coach, Athletic Trainer or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Both steps must be done PRIOR to tryouts or participation in a sport.
To reference the information on the PIAA Physical packet you can view it here: PIAA Physical FULL Packet
IF a student plans on playing a second or third season, they will need to complete a re-certification form to verify that nothing has changed since their initial physical. Click here: ( Online Winter Re-Certification Form ) to complete the online re-certification form or you can download the re-certification form here: Recertification Form , print, complete and return to the Athletic Office. Either option needs to be completed prior to the first day of practice.
Many families ask where they can have a sports physical performed, here are some options for families to consider:
- Primary Care Physician
- Allegheny Health Network, Express Care @ the Wexford Health & Wellness Pavilion – $30
- Med-Express Urgent Care – $30
- CVS Minute Clinic – $49
- Wallgreens Healthcare Clinic – Price TBD