If your child is entering grades 7-12 and is interested in playing interscholastic or club sports for the North Hills School District in 2020-21, PLEASE READ!
Again during the 2020-2021 school year (starting June 1, 2020), North Hills will continue to use an outside provider called Healthy Roster to electronically collect all PIAA, AHN and North Hills School District paperwork as it relates to participation in extracurricular athletic activities in interscholastic and club sports for grades 7-12 only.
- PIAA CIPPE – Sections 1 and 2
- PIAA CIPPE – Sections 3 and 4
- PIAA CIPPE – Section 5
- PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 (Print this form and take it with you to the doctor’s office)
- PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 (if necessary)
- AHN Sports Medicine HIPPA
- AHN Sports Medicine Consent to Treat
- North Hills School District Acknowledgement of Information and Release Form
Please note that the nurse’s physical paperwork is NOT the same as PIAA CIPPE Section 6 and will not be accepted for interscholastic and club sports participation.
All information will be filled out online using the electronic forms found in the documents section on your Healthy Roster account.
There are two exceptions:
- You will need to take Section 6 of the PIAA CIPPE with you to have the doctor sign off on your child’s sports physical. Afterward, log into your Healthy Roster account to either scan or take a picture of the document and upload to the PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 form in the documents section
- You only need to fill out PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 electronically if your child is participating in more than one sport in an athletic year. This form cannot be filled out any earlier then 6 weeks prior to the start of the sports season
If you have already have a Healthy Roster account, you will be eligible to start filling out these documents on June 1, 2020.
If you do not have a Healthy Roster account or your child will be participating in athletics for the first time, visit this link and fill out the form.
Once you complete and submit the form, you will receive an invitation from Healthy Roster within 3-5 business days to set up your account. Please note, once you receive the invite, you have 24 hours to set up your account before the passcode expires.
After you have set up your account, you will be able to fill out all required forms listed above.
You will also need to choose all of the sport(s) roster within the North Hills School District that your son/daughter is interested in.
For help completing these documents, visit the training section of the Healthy Roster website.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Healthy Roster, contact one of our licensed athletic trainers:
- Hannah Zugec MS, ATC, LAT at 412-290-5916 or email@example.com
- Eric Cardwell MS, ATC, LAT at 412-722-3619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also message them via the Healthy Roster app once your account is set up.
Healthy Roster FAQs
Q: Can I still turn in paper copies of the mandatory forms (documents) to the Athletic Office?
A: No. All paperwork must be submitted online via Healthy Roster. The Athletic Office, by appointment only, can help you set up an account and walk you through the steps but all paperwork must be submitted online. Please call 412-318-1437 to schedule your appointment.
Q: What are the mandatory forms (documents) that need to be filled out online via Healthy Roster?
A: The following forms (documents) must be filled out online and signed electronically:
- PIAA CIPPE – Sections 1 & 2
- PIAA CIPPE – Sections 3 & 4
- PIAA CIPPE – Section 5
- PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 (This form must be downloaded, printed, filled out by your doctor and then uploaded to your Healthy Roster account)
- PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 (If necessary)
- Allegheny Health Network – Authorization for Release of Protected Info
- Allegheny Health Network – Consent to Treat
- NHSD ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF INFORMATION and RELEASE FORM
Q: Why can’t I fill out PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 online?
A: PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 is the actual physical that requires a physician signature, which cannot be done electronically. This form must be downloaded, printed, filled out by your doctor and then uploaded to your Healthy Roster account. See instructions in your Healthy Roster Account.
Q: Why is PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 not mandatory for all athletes?
A: PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 is only mandatory for athletes who are playing more than one (1) sport during a school year. This form won’t be available to complete not earlier then six (6) weeks prior to the start of the winter and spring sports season.
Q: Can I fill out the forms (documents) prior to June 1 and submit the physical after June 1?
A: No. All paperwork must be completed and signed after June 1 per PIAA guidelines. All documents will be electronically dated when completed online, so you won’t be able to change the date.
Q: Do these forms (documents) need to be filled out prior to voluntary, off-season workouts?
A: No. All paperwork is due prior to the start of the first official day of practice. Those dates are:
- Fall Sports – 8/24/2020
- Winter Sports – 11/20/2020
- Spring Sports – 3/8/2021
Q: If I have health care insurance other than Highmark (i.e. UPMC, Cigna, United, and Aetna), do I need to complete the Allegheny Health Network – Authorization for Release of Protected Info and Allegheny Health Network – Consent to Treat documents?
A: Yes. These forms are necessary for our Certified Athletic Trainers to provide treatment and care to all student-athletes in the North Hills School District.