Future Business Leaders of America – FBLA
Kellee Kanith – Sponsor
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is a nationally-recognized club for students preparing for careers in business-related fields. Members have an opportunity to build their resumes and college applications by: networking with business professionals; attending field trips to local business colleges, career fairs, and leadership workshops; and competing on regional, state, and national levels.
A total of 17 North Hills High School students took home top honors at the regional competition of the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and will compete at the state competition in Hershey, April 7-10, 2019.
State qualifiers in individual events include six 1st Place Winners:
- Ashton Au, Client Service
- Katie Emmons, Business Communications
- Maria Kresen, Business Ethics
- Wyatt Mays, Accounting II
- Evelyn Osmond, Job Interview
- Koby Polaski, Impromptu Speaking
An additional 11 students placed in their individual and team events and qualified to advance to states as well:
- Adam Aguiar, Business Calculations, 2nd Place
- Evan Feltz, Personal Finance, 2nd Place
- Lira Murtezi, Emerging Business Issues, 2nd Place
- Dion Dupree, Computer Problem Solving, 4th Place
- Marina Hein, Health Care Administration, 4th Place
- Anna Hoang, Entrepreneurship Team Event, 4th Place
- Ethan Ilnicki, Accounting II, 4th Place
- Megan McCarthy, Entrepreneurship Team Event, 4th Place
- Jakob Misencik, Personal Finance, 4th Place
- Crystal Alabboud, Insurance and Risk Management, 5th Place
- Elaina Longjohn, Organizational Leadership, 5th Place
Future Business Leaders of America students are conducting a club fundraiser to help support and defray costs (approximately $600/student) for 15 members who will attend the Pennsylvania State Leadership Conference and Competition in Hershey, PA in April 2017. If you are interested in in ordering Betsy Ann Chocolates to show your support for these students, please contact Kellee Kanith – FBLA Sponsor. Orders and payment are due by Wednesday, February 22 and delivery will be March 29.
Thank you for your support!
firstname.lastname@example.org or X3159